Clo’s Caramel Sea Salt Eggnog Cheesecake with Brown Sugar Vanilla Whipped Cream
Need a little dessert inspo for the holidays? Moo-ve over pumpkin pie, there’s a new cheesecake in town that’s gonna give you a run for “favorite sweet”: Clo’s Caramel Sea Salt Eggnog Cheesecake!
We’ve combined Clover’s rich, creamy Limited Edition Organic Caramel Sea Salt Eggnog with our velvety Organic Cream Cheese and farm fresh Brown Cage Free Eggs to create this elevated version of the classic cheesecake in a ginger cookie crust that has everyone raving.
Finished with a generous spritz of our new Clover Brown Sugar Vanilla Whipped Topping, it’s sure to please everyone at your family gathering this season!
- 9 ounces ginger cookies, pulverized in a food processor to crumbs
- ½ cup Clover Organic Unsalted Butter (1 stick), melted
- 24 ounces Clover Organic Cream Cheese spread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour (*substitute 1 tbsp arrowroot powder for gluten-free)
- 1 cup Clover Organic Caramel Sea Salt Eggnog
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 large Clover Cage Free Brown eggs, room temperature
(1) 7 ounce aerosol can Clover Brown Sugar Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 : For the crust:
- 2 : Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease the sides of a 10” deep dish pie plate.
- 3 : Combine the ginger cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl and mix with your fingers until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish.
- 4 : Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. *Note: gently blot any excess butter from baked crust with a paper towel.
- 5 : Pour cheesecake filling into cooled crust and spread evenly.
- 6 : For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 7 : Reduce oven temperature to 300°F.
- 8 : Combine the cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl and mix with a hand-mixer on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 9 : Add eggnog and nutmeg. Continue mixing on low speed until smooth.
- 10 : Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- 11 : Pour the cheesecake filling into the cooled crust and spread evenly.
- 12 : Place filled pie pan inside another larger pan, and carefully fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the pie pan.
- 13 : Bake on center oven rack for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 14 : Turn off heat, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes more.
- 15 : Crack the oven door, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 minutes more.
- 16 : Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight. Top with rosettes of Clover Brown Sugar Vanilla Whipped Topping and serve immediately.