Mother’s Day Cookies with Lactose Free Butter
- 1 cup Clover Lactose Free unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- assorted fresh edible, pesticide free flowers (available at most grocery stores in the produce/herb
section or your local nursery) Depending on the type of flowers you use, you may need to trim off stem
or press them with a heavy book to flatten
- 1With a mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl, until light and fluffy, about a minute
- 2Add flour and mix just until flour is combined.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and form into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 4Once you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 325. Remove dough from refrigerator and place it between 2 sheets of parchment paper (depending on the temperature of the kitchen, it may be necessary to let it warm up slightly before rolling and you may want to only roll out ½ of the dough at a time, leaving the other ½ in the refrigerator).
- 5Roll out the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- 6Place cut cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake 9-11 minutes, depending on thickness.
- 7Remove the tray from the oven and gently press the flowers onto the hot cookies, pressing lightly to adhere. Let cookies cool slightly on tray before transferring to a wire rack.