Clover Greek Yogurt Wins SELF Editors’ Choice Food Award!
Have you tried our award-winning Clover Organic Greek Yogurt? Earlier this year we introduced six delicious Greek-style yogurts carefully crafted with the finest premium organic fruits and fresh Clover Organic Non-Fat Milk.
We are excited to announce our Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt has reached moo-thological status having won a distinguished Condé Nast SELF 2016 Editors’ Choice Food Award in the “10 Best Low-Calorie Dairy and Dairy-Alternative Products” category. SELF Magazine is known for motivating and supporting readers in achieving their wellness goals.
The winners were vetted by registered dietitians and thoroughly taste-tested by SELF editors who looked for “an ingredient list we can stand behind, with a healthy dose of protein or fiber (while going easy on the sugar), and at least 15 percent of the daily value for calcium.” In addition, they judged each entry for “delicious and decadent” flavor and mouth-feel.
When the results were tallied, here’s what SELF had to say about Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt: “This Greek yogurt had an amazing smooth texture that made it a big hit with our editors. It’s full of protein (14 grams on single serve) and only 80 calories per serving.”
Crafted with the perfect balance of creaminess and tang, Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt is anything but plain. This thick, rich-tasting yogurt is full of healthy protein, calcium, and live cultures with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives— ever.
Best of all, you can enjoy Clover dairy products knowing we take great pride in raising happy, humanely-treated cows who live good lives on our select partner dairy farms.
Clover Organic Greek yogurt is a delicious, healthy treat on its own or with your favorite add-ins. But don’t just take our word for it. Try this Clolicious recipe for DIY Roasted Strawberry-Banana Greek Froyo made with Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt and tell us what you think!
DIY Roasted Strawberry-Banana Greek Froyo
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced “coin” style
- 1 cup strawberries; rinsed and sliced “coin” style”
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 cups Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay sliced bananas and strawberries in a single layer. Bake on center oven rack for approximately 6-8 minutes or until the fruit starts to release its juices.
- Add organic sugar to a large saucepan. Scrape the hot fruit into the saucepan with the sugar, and heat on low until sugar melts (about 3-4 minutes) while stirring and chopping fruit into bits. When sugar is melted, add vanilla extract to the mixture and blend.
- Remove the hot fruit mixture from the stove and pour into a pan to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cool fruit and Clover Organic Plain Greek Yogurt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until creamy and well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container, cover, and let freeze for at least (1) hour. Remove from the freezer and mix again with a spoon. Smooth the surface, recover, and place back in the freezer for (2) more hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!