Effective Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023
This Clover Website Privacy Statement describes how Clover Stornetta Farms, Inc. (“Clover”) collects and
uses personal information about you when you visit our web and mobile sites that link to this statement.
1. Collection of Personal Information
Clover collects different categories of personal information from site visitors. What information we collect will
depend on what you use our sites for, such as signing up for marketing newsletters. If you do not want your
personal information processed as described in this statement, please do not access or use our websites.
- Site Visitors- when an individual accesses our websites we collect information about general uses and
patterns. This information includes IP Address, device and connection information (including browser
type, internet service provider, operating system, and referring/exit pages), site pages and content viewed,
interactions on our website, frequency of visits to our websites, and other information collected by
- Marketing Requests and Forms- when you manually complete a form to request additional information about our products, or to subscribe to our marketing emails, we ask for additional information. These forms typically collect your name, email, phone number, and may collect your birth date.
Clover does not exercise control over third party websites and this statement only addresses Clover’s practices.
2. Use of Personal Information
Clover uses the collected personal information to provide you with information about our products and services, brand
information, special offerings, customer service, improve and update our sites, and to help Clover better understand
visitors’ needs and interests. For example, we use personal information to:
- Communicate with you about promotions, and news about products offered by Clover;
- Provide and deliver products and services including customer service and sending confirmations and
- Respond to your comments and questions;
- Enforce our legal rights and comply with legal requirements;
- Offer to subscribe you to newsletters, email lists, and other promotional events (opt-in);
- Notify you about changes to our sites or obtain any required consent; and
- Improve our sites and services to better meet customers’ needs.
Providing information is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as marketing requests, or to
access specific content on our sites. In such cases, if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to
provide you with the requested services.
An email address you provide may be combined with other information about your use or access to our sites, and
your contact information will be stored in our marketing email list. You can unsubscribe to any marketing emails
at any time through each individual marketing email or by contacting: email@example.com
3. Sharing of Personal Information
Clover may share personal information as follows:
- Clover affiliated and unaffiliated service providers and business partners. Clover may share personal
information to the extent needed to respond to requests for information about products or services,
helping us with advertising or marketing, and providing our products and customer service.
- In connection with a corporate transaction and with advisors. We may disclose information to third
parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or similar
transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys, or other advisors in the
connection with our internal corporate functions.
Government and law enforcement, emergency situations. Clover may also access, transfer, disclose, and
preserve personal information when doing so is necessary to: comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal
process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; operate and maintain the security of
Clover’s systems, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; protect the rights
or property or ourselves or others, including enforcing our agreements, terms, and policies; or act in urgent
circumstances such as protecting the health or personal safety of an employee or worker, agent, or customer of
Clover’s products or services, or a member of the public.
Other parties do not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different
4. Cookie Notice and Do Not Track
information based on your browsing preferences, regional and geographical preferences, and saving your settings.
Clover honors your browser’s do not track signals.
5. Security and Fraud
Clover uses security software, including virus and firewall protection, disaster recovery capabilities, mobile
device management, onsite backup services, employee training, penetration tests, among other measures, to
protect your personal information.
Clover updates this notice from time to time, including by making material changes. Each time you visit our sites,
review this notice for the latest information about our privacy practices.
If you have questions, you can contact Clover at:
PO Box 750369
Petaluma, CA 94975-0369
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form here.
State of California (“consumers” or “you”) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This notice
and policy supplements information contained in privacy disclosures from Clover Stornetta Farms, Inc.
and its corporate business affiliates (“Clover”) and applies solely to California consumers. Our privacy
policy describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights, including your rights of
access, your right of deletion, your right to non-discrimination, the categories of personally identifiable
information we have collected over the past 12 months, our sources for collection of personal information,
our purposes for collecting that information, and personal information we have disclosed for business
download a pdf version of the notice and policy here: https://cloversonoma.com/privacy-policy/]. This notice
and policy does not reflect our collection, use, or disclosure of California residents’ personal information,
or data subject rights, where an exception under the CCPA applies. By visiting this site, and your
continued access or use of this site shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of all terms and conditions
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect and use about you over the
past 12 months. You have the right to request access for free, twice per year. To submit a request to exercise the
right of access, please submit an email request to email@example.com or call our toll-free number at
provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal
information at issue. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will provide the
following information in a portable and easily accessible format, normally within 45 days of the request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
If we deny your request, we will explain why.
Clover does not sell, and in the preceding 12 months did not sell, consumers’ personal information. When a
business sells your personal information, you have a right to opt out of such sale. Clover does not sell, and in the
preceding 12 months did not sell, California residents’ personal information. Clover does not have actual
knowledge that it sells the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
2. RIGHT TO DELETION
You have the right to request that we delete personal information. This right does not apply where we need to
retain the personal information in order to:
- Provide goods or services to the consumer
- Detect or resolve security issues or functionality-related issues
- Comply with the law
- Conduct research in the public interest
- Safeguard the right to free speech
Carry out any actions for internal purposes that the consumer might reasonably expect.
To submit a request to delete personal information, please submit an email request to
firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our Contact Form here.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION HANDLING PRACTICES
We have set out below categories of personal information we collect about California residents and have collected in the preceding 12 months. For each category of personal information we have collected, we have included the reference to the enumerated category or categories of personal information in California Civil Code §1798.140(v)(1) that most closely describe such personal information.
Corresponding reference to category of personal information under CCPA definition of personal information
Personal information does not include publicly available information. Clover collects such information from the
following categories of sources:
Directly from you. For example, when you contact or request information from us via the Clover websites or
over the phone or via email or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain
information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features. We do not knowingly collect
online information from children under the age of 13. If we are notified that we have collected personal
information, as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), of a child under the age of 13,
we will delete the information as expeditiously as possible.
Automatic information. When you visit our site, you may disclose certain information, such as your Internet
Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information
about visits to our site.
Third Parties, including Service Providers. For example, service providers that Clover uses and other third
parties that Clover chooses to collaborate or work with.
Using cookies and automatic collection methods. Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your
computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have
your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies. Clover and its service
providers may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you install our mobile
application on, that you use to access our websites, or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement
1. How and When the Information is Used. The information we collect is used for administering our
business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website,
new services, or special offers.
2. How We Protect Your Information. The privacy and protection of your information is important to us.
We will not use, sell, disclose or transfer any individually identifiable information without your consent,
unless as required or permitted by law or regulations.
3. Who Has Access to the Information. Information about our users is important to us. We will not sell,
disclose or transfer any individually identifiable information to any third party without your consent,
unless as required or permitted by law or regulations.
4. Methods We Use to Protect Your Information. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of
your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance
with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business
practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such
information to authorized persons.
5. Online Tracking. We honor your browser’s “Do Not Track” signal.
6. Children. This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If you
are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
7. How You Can Access Your Information. You can request access, correct or remove the personally
identifiable information you have provided us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Information You Take from Our Site. Any information that you download from our site is for private use,
it is not to be reproduced for use in public unless otherwise consented to by Clover.
9. Links to Other Sites. We may provide links to other websites or direct you to other websites not owned or
controlled by us that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We are not, however, responsible for
the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy contained on other
websites. Links to websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by us of those websites, any products
or services described therein, or any other material contained therein. You may visit those websites
directly for their individual privacy policies.
II. PURPOSE FOR THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Clover collects, uses, retains, and discloses your personal information for the purposes described below:
- Manage the customer relationship, and communicate with you (including via marketing newsletters);
- Measure user engagement with the websites, and detect viewing history;
- Handle and record consumer rights requests, including opt-ins and opt-outs;
- Monitor, protect and improve Clover security assets and resources, including devices, systems, customer data,
infrastructure, and Clover network; and
- Comply with laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal processes.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, Clover disclosed the above categories of personal information to the following
categories of third parties for a business purpose, in some cases as directed by you:
- Clover Affiliates. For example, Clover affiliates may share business processes and common data systems.
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us. For example, companies that help
us support our websites, or that provide services to you. Clover may use third parties or service providers to help
with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising
or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, and
verifying product and service quality or safety.
4. RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FOR THE EXERCISE OF CCPA RIGHTS
You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted
by the CCPA or other laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other
benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices,
rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal
information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a
financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
5. AUTHORIZED AGENT
You can designate an authorized agent who is a natural person or is a business entity registered with the Secretary
of State of California to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. If you do so, Clover can require you to:
1. Provide the agent signed permission to submit the request;
2. Verify their own identity directly with Clover; and
3. Directly confirm with Clover that you provided the authorized agent with permission to submit the
request. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request
deletion, please provide any information Clover requests to verify your identity. The information that Clover asks
you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the
personal information at issue.
This section does not apply if you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California
Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130.
6. CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions or comments about this notice and policy, the ways in which we collect and use your
personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
PO Box 750369
Petaluma, CA 94975-0369
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form here.
Policy, will immediately be posted to this site. Any such changes will be effective immediately upon being
posted, unless otherwise stated in the change
8. EFFECTIVE DATE
months, as required.