As the first dairy in the United States to be American Humane Certified, Clover Sonoma is committed to the respectful treatment of our animals. We make mindful decisions at every step to ensure our cows are well cared for, including giving them as much time out in open pasture as weather permits, a nutritious diet of fresh grass, hay and grains, and clean bedding to rest on.
As part of our American Humane Certification, all of our family farms also abide by the following practices:
• Zero tolerance of animal abuse
• Safe environment for each animal
• Extensive employee training
• A herd health plan overseen by a veterinarian and nutritionist
• Annual farm audits
• Strict adherence to the five freedoms of animal welfare