Caramel Apple “Clo-Cakes” Cupcakes Recipe
We’ve all tried a Caramel Apple before, but what about a Caramel Apple Cupcake? Or, as we like to call it, a Caramel Apple Clo-Cake! This fall-inspired treat is a perfectly balanced blend of traditional apple and melt in your mouth caramel, all without being too sweet! Popsicle sticks are optional, but make for a fun, easy-to-eat treat!
Prep TimeServes: 12 cupcakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 Clover Eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apple
Caramel Frosting Ingredients
- 1 : Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners and set to the side.
- 2 : In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla extract
- 3 : In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until combined. Stir in the shredded apples. Evenly divide the batter between the 12 cups.
- 4 : Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- 5 : Unwrap caramels and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in Clover Heavy Whipping Cream. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until caramels are melted and smooth. Spoon frosting onto the top of cooled cupcakes and spread. The thicker the layer, the better :)
- 6 : Add a popsicle stick in the center (or not, it's up to you!)
- 7 : Enjoy!