Clo’s Fall Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Icing
Autumn is the season for baking with pumpkin, and this Pumpkin Bread recipe may just be the best we’ve ever tasted. Easy to whip up, and even better to eat, you won’t be able to resist the warm-from-the-oven aroma that will fill your kitchen. It is the essence of the holidays.
Moist and flavorful, Clo’s Pumpkin Bread is made from the perfect blend of Clover Organic Salted Butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree and spices. The crowning glory is a dreamy drizzle of brown butter and maple syrup icing that will have your family begging for more.
Enjoy it as a quick breakfast or after school snack. It’s also a delicious holiday gift for neighbors, teachers, and friends. But be sure to make more than one. It disappears in a flash!
Prep TimePrep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Clover Organic Salted Butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup canned organic pumpkin puree
- 2 Clover Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
For the glaze:
- 1 : Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9" loaf pan (or use non-stick pan) and set aside.
- 2 : Place all of the bread ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until blended.
- 3 : Pour the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Bake on the center oven rack for approx. 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4 : Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes. Gently remove the bread from the pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5 : While bread is cooling, prepare the glaze:
- 6 : Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted. Whisk continuously and continue cooking, watching butter carefully, until it sizzles and begins to turn light brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- 7 : Remove butter from heat and cool completely. Whisk in the powdered sugar and maple syrup until a soft glaze forms. *If it's too thick, whisk in whole milk one tablespoon at a time to desired consistency.
- 8 : Pour the glaze over top of the pumpkin loaf and let it set, about 30 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy!