Thanksgiving Milk Carton Lights
Decorating for Turkey Day? You don’t need to spend a lot of money to dress up your home for Thanksgiving. Clover comes to the rescue with these festive and beautiful DYI light strings crafted from our half-pint milk cartons, and made by our very own Lorena Valencia.
Light up your celebration and impress your family and friends with your moovulous creativity! This project is sure to be the talk of the feast.
DIY Thanksgiving Milk Carton Lights
What you need:
- 8-10 Globe string lights (battery operated )
- 8-10 Half-Pint Clover Milk Cartons
- Spray paint (Color: “Copper Hammered”)
- Faux Autumn Leaves (Orange, red, yellow, gold)
- Bead plant/Leaves (Gold)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Measure 3.25 inches from the top of each carton on all sides, and mark with a pencil. Draw a line around the circumference of the carton, connecting the marks. Use scissors to cut off the bottom of the carton.
(To be done outside). Place the cut cartons on a sheet of newspapers and use spray paint to coat the entire inside and outside of each carton. Let them dry thoroughly.
- When dry, open up the spout and insert a globe light inside. Repeat for each globe light on the string.
- Glue the spout shut with a glue gun.
- Decorate with faux leaves, beads, plants, or whatever you desire.
- The finished milk carton strings add beautiful ambiance draped along a window, hearth, or as a unique centerpiece on your holiday table.