Scooper Bowl Creamy Queso Dip
Get ready football fans! This Sunday is the biggest game of the season: Super Bowl. Whether you’re planning a full-on party, or just having a few friends over, you’re going to need plenty of munchies!
In true Super Bowl tradition, Clover has your back with this zesty recipe for Creamy Queso Dip. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill sauce made of melted cheese substitute. We’ve scored a dip worthy of the occasion with plenty of tangy Clover Organic Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, a little jalapeño pepper kick, and just the right amount of smoky spice to please every armchair quarterback.
It’s delicious served up warm with classic tortilla chips, or drizzled over homemade nachos. Be sure to make plenty. It’s gonna disappear as fast as you can say “touchdown!”
Prep Timeprep time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Clover Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeded and diced (depends on the level of heat you like)
- 1 tsp. organic tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Chipotle powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Clover Organic Half & Half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 oz. (1/2 block) Clover Organic Cream Cheese, cut into cubes and softened2 teaspoon Dijon-style yellow mustard
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 blocks) Clover Organic Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
sea salt to taste
- 1 : Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and jalapeño. Saute for 3-4 minutes to soften, then stir in tomato paste, Chipotle powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Gradually whisk in the half & half.
- 2 : Whisk in the cornstarch and continue to gently stir as the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer. Lower the temperature to medium-low. Stir in the cream cheese and mustard. Whisk to incorporate.
- 3 : Slowly add the shredded cheese, one handful at time, and whisk between additions to melt the cheese. Note: If you prefer a thinner sauce, add an extra splash of half & half. Taste and season with sea salt as desired.
- 4 : Serve immediately drizzled over tortilla chips and garnished with sides of choice (beans, ground beef, salsa, guacamole, green onions etc.), or keep warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot and serve as a dip with chips.