Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Fall is in the air, which means it’s pumpkin spiced everything season. And these mouth watering pumpkin whoopie pies are sure to give you and your family pumpkin to talk about! Each pie is filled with rich, creamy frosting made with Clover Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, Butter and Cream Cheese. The perfect treat for Halloween gatherings, spookie movie nights and more, they’re sure to be a new fall favorite. Happy baking!
Whoopie Pie Ingredients
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 C canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- 3Use a whisk to combine and set aside
- 4In a large mixing bowl, whisk together until smooth the brown sugar and oil
- 5Mix in one egg at a time until combined and smooth
- 6Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree
- 7Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until combined and smooth
- 8Using an ice cream scoop, scoop some batter onto a prepared cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between batter mounds
- 9Bake in the oven for 11 minutes
- 10Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- 11Frosting Directions:
- 12Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy. Should be slightly dense to hold form when paired with top and bottom whoopie pies.
- 13Pair up matching whoopie pies and line up the bottoms onto the cookie sheet
- 14Scoop into piping bag and set aside
- 15Pair up matching whoopie pies and line up the bottoms onto the cookie sheet
- 16Pipe a dollop of frosting on the bottom whoopie pies
- 17Place the top whoopie pie onto the frosting and lightly press down
- 18Enjoy your Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with a large glass of milk!