The Ultimate Basque Cheesecake
The Ultimate Basque Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for any event you have coming up! Check out this Sunset Magazine recipe using Clover Sonoma products!
2 lbs Clover Sonoma cream cheese
7 ¾ oz golden brown sugar
6 ¾ oz white sugar
7 large Clover Sonoma eggs
8 oz Clover Sonoma heavy cream
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp vanilla paste or vanilla extract
4 oz Clover Sonoma salted butter
3 lbs diced pear
2 ½ oz golden brown sugar
5-6 sticks cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla paste
A few fresh cranberries, halved
- 1Heat Oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Place cream cheese, eggs, and sugars into the bowl of a food processor, pulse until combined.
- 3Pour heavy cream, vanilla paste, and kosher salt into the processor and blend for five minutes.
- 4Line one 9” buttered springform cake pan with two sheets of buttered parchment paper placed perpendicular to each other, extending the paper from the top.
- 5Pour the batter into the lined pan.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheesecake is deeply browned.
- 7Carefully remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- 8Chill for five hours to allow the cake to fully set.
- 9To serve, let the cake come to room temperature and carefully remove the paper.
- 10Dip a sharp knife in hot water to warm, slice cake, and serve with winter compote.
- 11Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add diced pears, and cook for two minutes stirring frequently.
- 12Sprinkle sugar over the pears, add cinnamon sticks, and vanilla paste and continue cooking until the fruit is al dente.
- 13To serve, place cheesecake on a serving plate or cake stand, spoon compote around the edges.
- 14Garnish with dried oranges and sliced cranberries.