Clover Rules the Roost
Have you tried Clover eggs?
Although most people associate the Clover brand with our award-winning dairy line, we also offer fresh, locally raised Cage-Free Brown Eggs as part of the eggcellent products we bring to your family table.
Clover eggs come from local Sonoma-County farms that share our high standards for animal welfare. When you buy our eggs, you can trust that our partner producers have followed strict guidelines for the care and wellbeing of their hens. The American Humane Certified label on our cartons lets you know our cage-free birds are raised under rigorous, science-based welfare standards that include access to shelter, comfortable resting areas, and adequate space to express normal behaviors. In keeping with our core values, these gals are veggie fed, and never given antibiotics or hormones.
The end result is, well . . . eggceptional! We think these eggs are a real feather in our cap, and we know you will too. Try them in this yummy recipe for crustless quiche that’s sure to be a high-protein star on your breakfast table, or a quick and satisfying weeknight dinner. Blended with Clover Organic Half & Half and finished with your choice of our everyday artisan cheeses, this delicious meal-in-a-dish is one of our favorites.
The Farminista’s Frittatta (Serves 6)
- 7 Clover Cage-Free Brown Eggs
- 1 cup Clover Organic Half & Half
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup (total) fillings of your choice. Suggestions include:
- diced sausages, crumbled bacon, or diced ham
- green onion
- sautéed sliced mushrooms
- steamed vegetables
- sun-dried tomatoes
- sautéed bell pepper, diced
- artichoke hearts, chopped
- cooked spinach/kale; chopped
- chopped basil
- 1 cup Clover Organic Three-Cheese Mexican Shred, Cheddar, or Pepper Jack Cheese (or a combination).
*Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until creamy. Slowly add half & half, whisking to blend.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a large quiche dish or pie plate with 1/2 tsp. of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Evenly distribute desired filling ingredients in the bottom of the dish.
- Pour egg/half & half mixture over filling.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese of choice, gently patting cheese into the egg mixture.
- Put on center rack of preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set, puffed, and beginning to brown lightly.
- Remove and place on a baking rack to cool for 10 minutes (*frittata will deflate as it cools). Slice and serve warm.