Blueberry Scones from the Farm
Kelsey Perucchi knows Clover Sonoma products very well, as the Organic Milk used in all of her recipes come from her very own property. The Perucchi Dairy has been supplying Clover with Organic Milk for many years.
– Flour 4 1/2 cups +
– Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
– Baking Powder 2 tablespoons
– Sugar 2 tablespoons
– Salt 1 teaspoon
– Active Dry Yeast 1/4 teaspoon
– Clover Sonoma Organic Butter 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, cut into small pieces
– Clover Sonoma Heavy Cream 2 1/4 cups
– Blueberries (or any other berry!) 2 cups frozen
– Clover Sonoma Egg 1 yolk
– Sanding Sugar/Turbinado Cane Sugar
- 1Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, yeast and salt.
- 2Cut butter into small cubes and cut into the flour mixer with a pastry blender (or two knives) until the size of breadcrumbs with some larger pieces.
- 3Fold in frozen berries.
- 4Dig a well in the center of your dough and slowly pour in the cream. Using your hands, bring everything together so there’s no loose dough. You may need to add more cream, tablespoon at a time.
- 5Form into rounds (can use a biscuit cutter) or form the dough into a rectangle and cut into wedges.
- 6Put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours before baking. You can also freeze these for couple weeks!
- 7Preheat oven to 375. Whisk egg yolk and 1/4 cup of heavy cream to brush over the scones then sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 35-40 minutes, rotating halfway through.