Clo’s Eggnog Pots de Crème
Each holiday season, Clover-lovers anxiously await the moment when Clover Eggnog arrives in stores. This creamy nostalgic favorite hits all the right notes with a perfect blend of spice, sweet cream, and milk straight from the happy dairy cows on our family-owned farms to your refrigerator. Our delicious nog is available in classic Clover Stornetta 100% Natural and Clover Organic Farms versions.
If you’re an eggnog fan, you’re going to LOVE this original recipe for Clo’s Eggnog Pots de Crème developed by local blogger, Karen Pavone. These rich, flavorful custards are an elegant holiday dessert that is quick and easy to make. Our eggnog comes sweetened with just the right amount of pure cane sugar so there is no need to add additional sugar to this decadent treat. And it’s gluten-free!
We recommend making this dessert in the morning so the Pots de Crème have adequate time to cool, set, and chill in the refrigerator. To serve, top with a dollop of fresh whipped Clover cream then grab a spoon and get ready to accept the applause.
Clo’s Eggnog Pots de Crème (Serves 6)
Printable recipe: Clo’s Eggnog Pots de Creme Recipe
Prep TimePrep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
- 3 Extra Large Clover Cage-free eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 ½ cups Clover Eggnog
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- hot water
- 1 cup Clover heavy whipping cream, whipped until slightly stiff
- 1 : Preheat oven to 325*.
- 2 : In a four (4) cup glass measuring pitcher, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract together until blended and creamy.
- 3 : Add Clover eggnog and a pinch of nutmeg. Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- 4 : Pour crème mixture evenly into six (4) ounce baking cups or ramekins, filling to 2/3 full.
- 5 : Place ramekins in a baking dish. Carefully pour hot water into the dish around the ramekins about half way up the sides.
- 6 : Place baking dish on the center rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the custards are set.
- 7 : Carefully remove dish from the oven, taking care not to slosh the hot water within. Take ramekins out of the water bath with an oven mitt and place on a rack to cool. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- 8 : Top with a spoonful of fresh whipped Clover cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg if desired.