Clo’s Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Homemade holiday cookies are tasty treats the whole family will enjoy. Clo’s Eggnog Snickerdoodles are a festive twist on a classic recipe that’s sure to become a new favorite. These scrumptious bites get their sweet and spicy flavor from a blend of our creamy Clover Eggnog and rich Cinnamon Brown Sugar Culinary butter. Adding additional Clover Unsalted Butter gives this cookie great texture and crumble. Plus they are so easy to make that your little ones can lend a helping hand. Your kitchen will smell absolutely divine as they bake. Clo says, “Betcha can’t eat just one!”
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3.5 oz. tub Clover Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Culinary Butter, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) + 1 tablespoon Clover Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar + 1/3 cup reserved
- 1 Clover Cage Free Brown Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Clover Eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately adding some of the eggnog, until incorporated. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
- 5In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- 6Use a quick release ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into rounded balls. Roll in the sugar and nutmeg mixture.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to crack.
- 8Remove from oven and let cookies sit for 3-5 minutes. Transfer from cookie sheet to a cooling rack. Enjoy!