“Clo-coa” Hot Chocolate Bomb
Have you heard of a hot chocolate bomb? They are all the rage right now!
It’s a hollow chocolate orb filled with hot chocolate mix and mini-marshmallows inside. Just add hot Clover Organic Milk, and it melts like magic in your cup for an explosion of rich gourmet hot cocoa. Make them at home with Clo’s recipe, and you’re sure to create quite a stir.
- a set of two (2), 6-hole half sphere food grade silicone molds (2 1/2″ diameter).
- pastry brush
- 1 cup milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for drizzle (we used 1/3 melted white chocolate chips for contrast).
- 6 tablespoons prepared hot chocolate mix of choice
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- edible sprinkles of choice (if desired)
- Clover Organic Whole Milk
- 1Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 20 second increments (medium power), stirring in between, until chips are fully melted.
- 2Lay silicone molds face up on a baking sheet. You will have 12 half spheres total. Use a pastry brush to spread 1 tablespoon melted chocolate evenly on bottom and sides of each sphere half. Freeze for 5-10 minutes. Remove from freezer and repeat with a second layer of chocolate. Freeze until set (about 10 more minutes).
- 3Carefully loosen the hollow chocolate cups and pop them out of the mold. Set aside 6 half spheres. These will be your “tops".
- 4Add 1 tablespoon hot chocolate mix to each of the remaining 6 bottom spheres, and 5 mini marshmallows.
- 5Working one at a time, place an empty "top" shell (circle side down) on a warmed plate to melt slightly. Immediately press gently on to one filled bottom shell and hold still for several seconds to seal edges together.
- 6Repeat this process with each of the remaining 6 shells. *Tip: If there are gaps in the edges of your bombs, use the back of a hot spoon to gently melt the chocolate and seal.
- 7If desired, you may decorate the shell with drizzles of melted chocolate (*we used melted white chocolate chips for contrast), and sprinkles of choice. This also helps hide any imperfections.
- 8Freeze decorated bombs 5 minutes to set. Store finished bombs at cool room temperature, and handle gently.
- 9To make hot chocolate, place 1 bomb in a mug. Pour 1 cup hot Clover Organic Whole Milk slowly over the top to melt! Wait a minute as the bomb melts, releasing the magic inside. Stir and enjoy!