Instant Pot Turkey Breast with Garlic & Clover Butter
Enjoy the taste of the holidays anytime with this quick and easy recipe for turkey breast using an Instant Pot. Table ready from start to finish in just 35 minutes, this method for cooking turkey comes out SO tender and juicy you’ll never oven roast again! The secret comes from slathering the breast with garlic and Clover Butter before it goes in the pot, which adds delicious flavor notes and helps keep the meat moist as it cooks. Served with a side of mashed potatoes and veggie of choice, we know this recipe is destined to be your new family favorite.
- 4 tbsp. Clover Sonoma Butter
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 3 lb. turkey breast, bone-in or boneless with skin on
- 1 or 2 heads of garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme (or 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1Soften 4 tbsp. Clover Sonoma Butter at room temperature (about 30 minutes) mix in with garlic
- 2Rinse the turkey breast (leave skin on) and pat dry with paper towels. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 3Rub the breast generously with the garlic & butter on all sides (you can add some under the skin too if you wish).
- 4Put the garlic halves and fresh herbs in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place the herb-buttered turkey breast on top (skin side up). Add the chicken stock and close the lid. Set manually to cook for 25 minutes. When done, release the pressure, and allow the breast to rest in the pot for 10 minutes before removing the lid. NOTE: This cook time is for a 3 lbs turkey breast. If using a larger breast, add 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to broil. Remove the breast from the Instant Pot and put in a shallow roasting pan, skin side up. Broil on center rack for approximately 5 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- 6Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately. NOTE: You can make an easy gravy from the drippings in the pot by adding a little flour and some additional chicken broth if needed to reach the desired consistency.