An Eggceptional Frittata
An Eggceptional Frittata
Though most people associate our brand with award-winning dairy products, Clover also rules the roost when it comes to our fresh eggs sourced from humanely raised Sonoma County hens.
Clover Organic Cage-Free Brown Eggs come to you direct from local producers who share our commitment to humane husbandry practices, and follow strict guidelines to insure the well-being of their hens.
The American Humane Certified label on our carton lets you know these layers are raised according to rigorous, science-based welfare standards that include access to fresh air and sunshine, comfortable resting areas, and adequate space to express normal behaviors. In keeping with our core values these gals are veggie fed, and never given antibiotics or hormones.
The end result is, well . . . eggceptional! We think these eggs are a real feather in Clo’s cap, and we know you will too. Try them in this yummy frittata recipe blended with Clover Organic Half & Half. This crustless quiche is a great high-protein breakfast, or a quick and satisfying weeknight dinner.
- (7) Clover Organic Large Cage-Free Brown Eggs
- 3/4 cup Clover Organic Half & Half
- Clover Organic Sweet Cream Butter
- 1 1/2 cup (total) your choice. Possible fillings include:
- diced sausages, ham, or crumbled bacon
- green onion
- sautéed sliced mushrooms
- steamed vegetables
- sun-dried tomatoes
- sautéed diced bell pepper and spring onion
- artichoke hearts, chopped
- cooked spinach/kale; chopped
- fresh or dried herbs (basil & thyme are both good!)
- (1) cup three-cheese Mexican shred, cheddar, or Pepper Jack cheese (or a combination).
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Break eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until creamy. Slowly add half & half and continue whisking to blend.
- 3Lightly coat the bottom and sides of a large quiche dish or pie plate with a little Clover Sweet Cream Butter to prevent sticking.
- 4Evenly distribute desired filling ingredients in the bottom of the dish.
- 5Pour egg/half & half mixture over the filling.
- 6Top evenly with Clover Organic Three Cheese Mexican Blend and gently press cheese into the egg mixture.
- 7Carefully place frittata on the center rack of a preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set, puffed, and lightly browned on top. (*test for doneness by inserting a knife in the center of the frittata. If the blade comes out clean, it is fully baked.)
- 8Remove and cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes (*frittata will deflate as it cools). Slice and serve warm.