Clo’s To-Die-For Mashed Potatoes
Here at Clover, mashed potatoes are serious business. We like ours creamy and oozing with butter. Crowned with a generous helping of savory gravy, it’s a soul-satisfying comfort food that goes with everything.
Made from two kinds of potatoes, and loaded with rich Clover Organic Butter, tangy Organic Sour Cream, and fresh Organic Whole Milk, our luxurious mashers are whipped to smooth, melt-in-your-mouth perfection.
No lumps allowed in this recipe. Just silky goodness that will make your family stand and applaud. While this recipe is sure to be the most sought after side dish on your table, these mashed potatoes are much more than holiday fare. We know that one taste will make this recipe a staple in your kitchen repertoire year round.
And if you want to change things up now and again, try adding garlic, cheddar cheese, and green onion or chives to the base recipe for a seriously fabulous loaded version!
- 2 lbs. mixed Yukon Gold and Russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp Clover Organic Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Clover Organic Sour Cream
- 2/3 – 1 cup Clover Organic Whole Milk (room temp)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Organic White Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- 4-8 Garlic cloves (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Green Onion (Optional)
- 1Peel the potatoes and slice into thirds. Place potato segments in a large pot, and cover with cold water plus about 2 inches. Add a pinch of salt.
- 2Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat and cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until they are fork tender. (Optional: Add 4 to 8 whole peeled garlic cloves and potatoes to pot, and boil as described.)
- 3Remove pot from heat and carefully drain the potatoes in a colander in the sink. Do not rinse.
- 4Place drained potatoes back in the pot with the cubed butter. Use a potato masher to roughly mash the potatoes and butter together (they will be lumpy at this stage).
- 5Add the sour cream, and half of the milk. Use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to continue blending all the ingredients together. Taste and season with salt & pepper as desired. Continue mixing, adding more milk as necessary, until creamy. (Optional: Add 1 1/2 cups grated Organic White Cheddar Cheese).
- 6Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve with a generous pat of butter on top! (Optional: Fold in 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion tops or snipped chives.)