Clo’s Classic Eggs Benedict
Nothing says “brunch” like Eggs Benedict, and we’ve outdone ourselves with this delicious recipe favorite. We teamed up with our friends at Coleman Natural Foods to create a tasty winning combination that will be an instant hit with everyone in your family. Start by whipping up the ultimate Hollandaise sauce with just four ingredients: fresh laid Clover Organic Brown Eggs, creamy Clover Organic Unsalted Butter, rich Clover Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Then toast up your favorite English muffin halves (pictured: thick Plain Brioche Pullman English Muffins from Bay Area-based Panorama Baking Company), and top with a couple slices of Coleman Natural Uncured Canadian Bacon, and a perfectly soft-poached Clover Organic Egg. Top with generous spoonfuls of lemony-rich Hollandaise sauce, and finish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives. Viola!
We are excited to pair Coleman Natural Foods yummy Canadian Bacon with our Clover dairy & egg products in this recipe because they are American Humane Certified (like us!), and source their pork from American family farms that raise their animals crate free, with no antibiotics or added hormones ever. Hardwood smoked over real Applewood using whole muscle pork for a natural shape, Coleman Natural Canadian Bacon is uncured, fully cooked and ready to enjoy.
We think it’s a match made in culinary heaven!
Additional inspiration: Spruce up this classic with the addition of steamed fresh spinach and you’ve got Eggs Benedict Florentine.
For the Hollandaise sauce: (makes 1 cup)
- (1) stick Clover Organic Unsalted Butter
- (4) Clover Organic Brown Eggs, separated–yolks reserved, whites saved for another purpose
- (1) tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (or more to your liking)
- 2-3 tablespoons Clover Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- optional: dash of cayenne pepper
Additional ingredients for assembling Eggs Benedict:
* Each serving has (2) muffin halves, (2) eggs, and (4) slices Canadian bacon.
- (8) thick-cut English muffin halves, toasted, *(1) per serving
- (8) Clover Organic Large Brown Eggs, poached, * (2) per serving
- (3) packages Coleman Natural Uncured Canadian Bacon, lightly browned, (4) per serving
- prepared homemade Hollandaise sauce
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
- 1In a large frying pan, quickly brown the Canadian Bacon. Set aside.
- 2Split and toast English muffin halves. Set aside.
- 3Make Hollandaise sauce: In a small saucepan, melt the stick of butter over medium heat. Add egg yolks, lemon juice and whipping cream to the melted butter, and whisk continually for about 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thick and creamy. *If you like, add a dash of cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and place lid on pot to keep warm while you poach the eggs.
- 4Gently soft-poach the eggs.
- 5To assemble: for each serving, place (2) toasted muffin halves on a plate. Top each muffin with (2) lightly browned slices of Canadian bacon. Crown each with a poached egg. Generously drizzle with warm hollandaise, and sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve immediately.