Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake
Planning weeknight dinner can be a challenge. When days are busy and compressed, it’s good to have a few “go to” recipes that answer the “What’s for dinner?” dilemma. We think this Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake is a satisfying, nutritious, and easy to make entree the whole family will love!
This flavorful dish combines cooked chicken breast with Clover Organic Sour Cream and Shredded Three Cheese Mexican Blend in a south-of-the-border inspired one-dish supper that comes together without a lot of fuss. Served alongside a simple tossed green salad this delicious bake is destined to become a regular favorite on the dinner table.
Clover is proud to sponsor this video recipe featured on Season 4 of the Cooking Guru series produced by Food Guru Channel. Simply watch, make and eat! *Written recipe provided below.
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Bake (serves 4)
As seen on the Cooking Guru video recipe series.
Prep TimePrep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 cups cooked, cubed or shredded skinless chicken breast
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup Clover Organic sour cream
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 4 oz. can mild fire-roasted diced green chilies, drained
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¾ cup prepared red chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 ¾ cup Clover shredded Three Cheese Mexican Blend (divided)
- 8 flour tortillas, “fajita” size
- 1 : Preheat oven to 350.
- 2 : Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- 3 : Add the cubed chicken, green chilies, and sliced olives to the pan. Stir gently to mix. Pour in half of the Enchilada Sauce and toss to coat.
- 4 : Add Clover Organic sour cream and chopped parsley. Stir to combine & remove from heat.
- 5 : Add ¾ cup shredded Clover Organic Three Cheese Mexican Blend, and fold in until cheese is melted & combined.
- 6 : Lightly coat the inside of a medium-size rectangular baking dish with a little olive oil. Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon some chicken mixture onto each and roll up. Line the filled tortillas in the dish. Drizzle with the remaining enchilada sauce.
- 7 : Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- 8 : Cover with foil and bake on the center oven rack for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 10 minutes more until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted. *Serve with green salad.