Must-Try Cottage Cheese Recipes
Cottage cheese is a chunky cheese that’s made from the curds of milk. Unlike most types of cheese, its consistency is not solid, but rather a bit runny and lumpy. Cottage cheese has a mild, slightly sweet taste that many people enjoy as a healthy, low-calorie snack. However, cottage cheese can also be used in a variety of recipes to add flavor and texture. We’ve got a couple of cottage cheese recipes to share with you!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Craving a stack of pancakes for breakfast? Why not add some yummy flavor, along with some protein and calcium, for a healthier pancake? The first of our cottage cheese recipes serves eight people and takes just 20 minutes to throw together.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- one pound of Clover cottage cheese
- two Clover cage-free eggs
- four tablespoons of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- a half teaspoon of vanilla extract
- a cup of all-purpose flour
- a half teaspoon of baking powder
- butter or oil of your choice
Start by mixing the flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl, then combine cottage cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a food processor until blended. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. Then, pour the batter to create individual pancakes in a skillet with melted butter. Yum!
Cottage Cheese Dip
The second of our yummy cottage cheese recipes is this light white bean dip, which serves seven and takes about an hour from start to finish (including chilling time).
- 2/3 cup Clover cottage cheese
- a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- half a teaspoon dried thyme
- one 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- two teaspoons quality olive oil
- a pinch of smoked or sweet paprika
- chopped chives, for garnish
Simply combine all ingredients (except chives) into a food processor and blend until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes to an hour. Before serving, drizzle with quality olive oil and garnish with fresh chives.
Sharing Your Ideas
We hope that you have enjoyed the two recipes we shared. Do you have questions about Clover Milk products or a favorite cottage cheese recipe you would like to share? We’d love to hear from you.