Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Are you feeling the chill in the air? Fall is perfect weather for comfort food, and that means Pumpkin Spice Waffles for breakfast! Start your day off with a plate of these lightly spiced, toasty-on-the-outside, fluffy-on-the-inside waffles, and you can’t go wrong.
This recipe is perfect for lazy weekends at home with family. The batter makes enough waffles for a hearty brunch, with some left over that you can freeze and pop in to the toaster for a weekday morning treat.
We love to fill the nooks and crannies with a generous pat of Clover Organic Butter and maple syrup, or top the stack with sautéed apples and fresh Clover Whipped Cream . . . the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
Prep TimeSeparate the eggs, setting aside the egg whites in a separate bowl.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Clover Organic Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- (1) 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 Clover Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- 1/2 cup Clover Organic 2% Milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 : Preheat waffle iron according to directions.
- 2 : Separate the eggs, setting aside the egg whites in a separate bowl.
- 3 : In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the softened butter, both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk together until smooth.
- 4 : Stir in the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
- 5 : In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- 6 : Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until combined.
- 7 : In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they are white and fluffy with soft peaks.
- 8 : Carefully fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined.
- 9 : Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook about 3 minutes.
- 10 : Top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or cinnamon if desired.